If you are on long-term medication and have been approved for repeat prescriptions you can order in a number of ways:
- By Hand- drop your repeat slip in the box provided at reception with the required item(s) clearly marked.
- By Post- send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By Telephone- to 01977 801444. The prescription line is open between 10:00 - 12:00 Monday to Friday. Please state either your computer number or name and address and the items required.
- Online- follow the link at the top of this page for a simple registration to the online system.
Some chemists have a delivery service available for the elderly and housebound. Please contact your local chemist for details.
Please allow two full working days between requesting and collecting your medication and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.